FOOD! FAMILY! FUN!

If you know anything about me at all...you know I LOVE FOOD! Lucky for me, I also LOVE to COOK! Well, I had oodles of tamales to steam and eat from my Hot Tamales (and we're not talkin' food here) Party so I thought I'd share the wealth- and spare myself the added pounds by consuming all of those little tamales myself. So I invited the fam over for Sunday dinner to celebrate Myla's Birthday. I cooked most of Saturday and Sunday, but it was well worth it. (Unfortunately, I also like to taste, taste, taste while I'm cooking so when it comes time to actually eat, I'm already full!) Here's the spread: Mexican rice, refried beans, cheese, red pork, and bean/cheese quesadillas, tamales, fixins' and watermelon. Fresh guacamole and pico de gallo made great appetizers. Everything made from scratch mind you. Loose also brought brownies and Blue Bell Icecream (the best) for dessert. Yum, yum!


















I thought I'd brighten things up a bit so I picked some zinnias from my flower garden to add some color to the feast!

1 comment:

  1. Did you just start this blog? Did I inspire you? I love it! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete