Harris Honeymooners

Our honeymoon was all that I had ever dreamed and more. I felt like absolute royalty and it was so nice to be with Jake, just the two of us, in such beautiful surroundings. We felt so whole and perfect and peaceful. I just couldn't get over how much I love my "husband" (giggle, giggle) and we definitely made memories that will last a lifetime.

We stayed at the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Scottsdale and took advantage of all of the perks it had to offer. And by perks I primarily mean food! The first time we saw the lobby of the Desert Ridge Resort we fell in love with the place. It has fountains, flowers, and huge marble pillars that go up and up forever it seems.

Our first night we ate at the Ristorante Tuscany and each ordered ridiculously expensive dinners. What a waste because I think our favorite was the bruschetta appetizer! Serious yum.

When we got back to our room our bed was covered in rose petals! I thought a rose petal turn down just meant scattered rose petals-I didn't know they're arranged into darling hearts and designs! I didn't want to mess it up!

Pillow was a little crooked though...
Room service also brought the biggest strawberries I've ever seen in my life dipped in chocolate along with a bottle of sparkling cider. It was the perfect little treat.

We ate our dessert to go from the Ristorante Tuscany for breakfast the next day out on the patio: creme brulee, cheesecake, and fudgy covered chocolate mousse. It was a beautiful day-clouds mixed with sunshine! Our room had a great view. It overlooked a trickling stream and an aqueduct waterfall. The sound of the water alone was relaxing and we hung out on the patio for awhile soaking it all up.


Gross. I can't believe I'm posting this picture.


Our view:


Then we got ready for church. It was fun to go to church for the first time as a married couple! Our first Sunday!


When we got back to the resort we did some exploring! There were so many things to see. One of our favorite things to do was to feed the little duckies. We missed Shera, she would have loved it.

Doesn't Jake's dimple look cute here-irresistible!



The grounds were simply gorgeous- I felt like I was in Hawaii. There were flowers everywhere, greenery, running water-so pretty.








Our favorite place to eat was the Blue Sage restaurant. The food was soooo yummy! The outdoor ambiance was fun as well.






Don't be deceived-that was no ordinary quesadilla. It was heaven inside a crispy, warm, buttery tortilla.
And who knew tater tots could be so delicious?
Don't even get me started on the guacamole!




Our second night we decided to check out the jacuzzis, lazy river, and swimming pools. Here's Jake regulating at the lazy river. Since there was no life guard on deck he took it upon himself to "protect and serve" even though he was off duty. I think he was busting a skinny dipper...
The pool at night. Check out the giant flame! I'm telling you this was the perfect place for Jake- water features and fire!
The view of the resort from the pools. You feel like you're a world away-it seems so secluded and private.

When we got back we were absolutely delighted! Another rose petal turndown! This time they scattered petals all along the bathtub too-awww so romantic!


Here I am in the gorgeous lobby with the pretty orchids on a late night dessert run. They had the cutest, yummiest little fruit tarts at the Blue Sage-I think I ate at least four during our stay. At least.


The next morning: room service and breakfast in bed! Okay, so we did a lot of eating, you're catching on.
They wheeled in an entire table! So cute! I got the works: eggs, bacon, toast and oj. Jake ordered an omelet and hashbrowns that came with the teeniest tiniest bottles of tobasco sauce and we shared the best blueberry pancakes ever!

When we peeked outside at first light of dawn we were surprised to see it had really rained! We left our patio doors open and smelled the rain and listened to the sound of little raindrops and the aqueduct waterfall.
Then we got ready for the spa....
Jake scheduled a couple's massage! Here's the before: excited
Here's the after: relaxed like warm budda
Goodbye Revive Spa! I hope to see you again someday...

After pampering our bad selves we took another walk around before gathering our bags for checkout. Here are some pretty views...

Just before taking our bags and summoning our car from the valet(snobby huh?) we ducked into one of the gift shops and bought eachother wedding presents. Jake bought me a Brighton heart locket. It has a vintage look, I just love it. It says, "always in my heart." I'm a sucker for sentimental stuff like that. Everytime I wear it it will remind me of our honeymoon. I'm going fill it with a picture of Shera...
and, okay, a picture of Jake- my family.

For Jake's present I bought a 100 dollar clay lizzard...hey, it's what he wanted! No really it's a cool little clay sculpture made of tiny clay pictures...kind of hard to explain. Just trust me- it's cool.


We may have checked out but we weren't leaving! Not until we absolutely had to! We grabbed some lunch at the Blue Sage and then we went back to the spa and pretty much spent the rest of the day there. We sat in the outdoor jacuzzi in the rain until we were little raisins. Then we detoxed in the sauna and steam rooms.

The indoor jacuzzi on the women's side was really cool. The wall connected to it was a giant fountain with water trickling down and it was surrounded with plush lounge chairs with tables full of bottled icewater and bowls of crisp green apples. I felt like I was some Greek goddess on Mount Olympia and I swiped an apple for Jake.

Dinner took us to Roy's. We ordered virgin daiquiries and pina coladas. For our main course we shared some sushi, potstickers, shrimp skewers and meat kabobs.

For dessert we ordered the creme brulee trio. The coconut flavor was amazing! The wait staff surprised us with an additional dessert congratulating us on our marriage! We blew ot the candle together and wished our secret wishes. It was the perfect end to a perfect honeymoon, and our honeymoon was the perfect beginning to our life together! : ) : ) : )

1 comment:

  1. That was the most beautiful, wonderful, relaxing, story I've read. So poetic and peaceful. You two are so lucky to have each other, and I'm lucky to have you too! I can only say... I WANT TO GO THERE TOO!!
    Lv you both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete