Decorating Disaster! Help!

So, my bathroom used to be this blue. Not a bad color- but kinda boring and kinda dark for such a small space. Plus it really didn't fit in with the warm tones of my family room and kitchen- the two rooms just adjacent to it. So... I thought, I have some extra time during the summer, and I won't be crazy busy, so I'll paint. I've really been meaning to do this since I moved in, almost two years ago, but hey, I'm a busy gal. I decided to take some before pictures so that I could celebrate just how cute the finished product would be in direct comparison.



I've been on kinda a purple kick lately. It can be a great color: not too girly, not so dark, easily compli-mented by a wide choice of contrast colors... so I looked at a variety of shades.

Most importantly, DON"T ALL OF THESE COLOR SAMPLES LOOK


PURPLE?


I chose my favorite and well, this is what I ended up with...


You got it- PEPTO BISMOL PINK!!!


For awhile I was in denial. I thought, maybe it's the lighting, the time of day, maybe the paint isn't completely dry. It's been about three weeks now- the paint's dry. It still looks like an antacid.

Suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. That is one scary bathroom! I wish I could help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to tell you ... um, embrace the pink? Get Matt to watch all three of my kids and we'll have a (re) painting party? I kind of want to come over and see it in person now!

    Ok, so I'm totally dying that you have Tom Linton furniture!! I was IN LOVE with him in high school! I like to brag that I was obsessed with Jimmy Eat World way back in the day when they were playing Tempe Bowl (a bowling alley ... in Tempe ... where bands would play for like 40 people - and I was one of the 40 many times!) I even dragged Matt to a couple of Jimmy concerts after we were married, and Matt HATES concerts! So yeah, you are TOTALLY cool by association in my book! I never knew you were kind of sort of related to Tom Linton. So once you are my sister-in-law I will be kind of sort of but not really but we'll just pretend related to Tom Linton right? That's freaking awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Pepto Bismol Pink! Accent it with blues, yellows or purple and you have a great bathroom. It sure wakes you up!
    Lv ya,
    Mom to Be

    ReplyDelete